Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dyeing wool jumpers

I saw this jumper on Ebay for $1, was put off by its lack of colour, then thought... I could dye it! After a bit of research, and some help from Jannelle from Heartfelt via email, I dyed these 2 jumpers for Livinia. The second (sideways) jumper is from a local op shop.

I love this green, and they dyed better and easier than expected. I've dyed cotton with not much success in the past, but wool seems to take up the dye much easier. Adding some daisy buttons makes them a bit more girly I think.

6 comments:

Jo Windmill said...

Wow! I would call that a success story!
WEll done!

Natalie Hennekam said...

Oh wow... that is some kind of special!
Well done.

Heart Felt said...

Well done, they look amazing! x

Waqas said...

Hi thats quite an achievement. I dont know if you could help me. I bought an expensive woolly jumper but i dont like the colour. How would i go about dyeing it black.

Alicia said...

I used Dylon dye, and I think if you want to dye something black, you use a fixative they sell in a sachet. Is it pure wool or a blend? The instructions in the packet are quite easy to follow. Thanks for the comments guys!

Marina said...

oooh, such a pretty green! I have some wool items that could use a bit of color, thanks for the inspiration!